- Meditation Techniques
- What’s New
- Free MP3s
Self Hypnosis – 5 Big Benefits
Self Hypnosis (or auto-hypnosis) is the exploration of trance states, how to induce them, and how to make the most of these states in yourself… but interestingly enough, people who are very good at Self Hypnosis tend to have a profound effect on everyone they meet.
Having just attempted to define hypnosis, it is useful to note that Milton Erickson (the father of modern hypnosis) once said “Any attempt to define hypnosis is just that…an attempt.”
But why would you want to study self hypnosis in the first place?
5 Major Benefits of the Practice of Self Hypnosis
- Relaxation: Being able to quickly settle the physical body is of vast benefit in meditation and daily life. One of the single most powerful keys to physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health… is the ability to be more consistently relaxed. Self Hypnosis will help you become an expert at relaxation in short order.
- Seeing hypnotic states in your self: It’s useful to know when you are hypnotized and how you are hypnotized. Learning how to hypnotize yourself will begin to reveal to you how you have already been hypnotized.
- Inducing hypnotic states in your self: Being able to quickly and easily go into different states you find useful is powerful and enjoyable.
- De-hypnosis: Now that you can see the hypnotic states in yourself, and induce them in yourself… you can begin to bring yourself out of them. What if you could begin to permanently undo the beliefs that have kept you stuck?
- Seeing hypnotic states in others: You begin to notice where other people are emotionally stuck, confused, or deluded. More and more you will see the unrecognized or unaccepted emotion that clouds decisions and distorts behavior.
So how can you start to get these benefits from self hypnosis?
A simple, yet powerful Self Hypnosis tool: The Countdown Sequence
One very useful practice from hypnosis that can be very helpful for your meditation practice as well, is a countdown sequence. A countdown sequence is just counting down through numbers and allowing yourself to experience a deeper state of relaxation, peace, connectedness, or whatever other experience you are moving into with each descending number. State the numbers and directions out loud as you walk yourself through this countdown sequence…
- 5 – take a deep breath…
- 4 – as you exhale, allow all the tension in your body to slip away…
- 3 – take another deep breath…
- 2 – as you exhale, let your mind and body find an even deeper level of relaxation…
- 1 – as you continue to breath deeply and naturally you can find deeper and deeper states of peace, relaxation, and pleasure…
If you didn’t actually do the exercise… go back and do it right now! True understanding never takes place in the absence of experience… and you can start getting experienced right now.
As you practice moving yourself gradually deeper into states with the countdown… it will become easier and easier to see how you (and others) do this in all areas of your life… for better or for worse.
As world-famous stage hypnotist, Marshall Sylver says… “Small committments lead to large committments!”
If you feel like you are stuck in a rut with your job or business… if you are in an unpleasant relationship… or if you feel like you’re significantly missing your potential in any area of life… then you have gradually convinced yourself that is the way things are supposed to be for you. You may have never used an actual countdown… but you have incrementally moved yourself into a belief system that supports your current external circumstances.
So you can use the countdown to get deeply relaxed. Once you are deeply relaxed, you can much more clearly see your inner and outer behaviors that have lead you to where you are. Once you have done this, you can use the countdown to put yourself in an even deeper place for reprogramming behaviors, or you can even count yourself into more useful states that can lead you to where you want to go. Enthusiastic… Focused… Curious… etc.
And the really cool thing about this is… the countdown is just the beginning…
If you are looking for an excellent product that will give you several simple yet powerful meditations/exercises based off NLP and hypnosis that you can download and use right away… Coming Soon…